- 5-8 years of experience in a related technology environment, preferably in Higher Education.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline is preferred but not required.
- Solid experience with classroom/event AV support and troubleshooting
- Able to create documents and reports using MS Office
- Familiarity with Service/Incident ticketing system, space scheduling databases, digital signage platforms, lecture capture systems a plus.
- Must be able to lift moderately heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds).
- Must follow procedures and keep accurate records of incidents and requests while working in the field.
- Strong writing and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrate patience when problem-solving complex technical issues in person and on the phone, with diverse customers.
- Learn and support new technology quickly.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills absolutely necessary.
- Energetic, self-directed, motivated and professional individual who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
- Work well with external vendors.
- Work productively in cross-functional teams and/or resourcefully and independently as an individual.
- Must possess the ability to work autonomously and maintain control in rapidly changing situations.
- A high level of independent decision making is required.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.