Under the direction of the Director of Audiovisual Technology Services, the part-time Audiovisual Technology Services Technician performs all aspects of audiovisual events: webinars, conferences, video conferences, and student activities for the College community.
Overall responsibilities include the set-up, delivery, and operation of audiovisual technologies; support for events that involve technologies for both remote and in-person attendance also known as hybrid or hy-flex; the trouble-shooting of audiovisual equipment.
Under the direction of the Director, the Technician is also responsible for recording events and advising users in the use of audiovisual equipment and software.
This is a temporary position through June 2022 with the possibility of extension
1. Set up, deliver, and operate audiovisual and computer technology equipment, and integrate web-cams, built-in cameras, microphones, and screens for remote and in-person events that may incorporate meetings, special events, webinars, conferences, video conferences, simulcast. Carry out advanced troubleshooting to resolve problems.
2. Set-up and assist with audio and video recording, web, audio, and video conferencing, and simulcasts.
3. Act as a preferred technician for support of VIP events.
4. Advise faculty, students and administrators on the optimal setup for a particular venue or event.
5. Once assigned to an event, work with the Events Management team and organizers to ensure understanding of event requirements; advise on and implement technology set up to achieve goals.
6. Respond to calls for assistance with audiovisual and computer equipment in event spaces.
7.Respond to customers' questions in a polite and timely manner with complete and accurate information according to department standards.
8. Assist as needed with College-related off-campus events.
Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications & Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Communications, Media Studies, Film Production) or equivalent experience. * Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role preferred. * Demonstrated advanced knowledge of audiovisual equipment and services * Demonstrated strong computer skills, including a familiarity with both MacOS and Windows operating systems, including full Microsoft Office suite, email, Web and an understanding of basic networking.
20 hours per week, must be punctual and able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required for a 2 month part-time position.
Lots of walking, pulling, etc. for setup of A/V equipment in classrooms and event spaces. Need good coordination, dexterity and mechanical common sense.
Ability to lift items weighing as much as 50 lbs. Ability to carry, lift, and set up speakers, PA systems and other AV equipment. Ability to push full AV carts and racks.
Ability to perform office tasks such as sitting and/or standing, moving, computing, and answering telephone for moderate to prolonged periods of time combined with moderate reaching, bending, and lifting.
Since its founding in 1889, Barnard has been a distinguished leader in higher education, offering a rigorous liberal arts foundation to young women whose curiosity, drive, and exuberance set them apart. Ours is a diverse intellectual community in a unique learning environment that provides the best of all worlds: small, intimate classes in a collaborative liberal arts setting dedicated to the advancement of women with the vast resources of Columbia University just steps away in the heart of vibrant and electric New York City.