Palm Beach Day Academy is currently seeking a full-time Director of Technology who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the school's tech infrastructure on both our Lower School and Upper School campuses. The Director of Technology manages all academic and administrative technology systems and will also be charged with the strategic planning for all future tech endeavors at the school. Palm Beach Day Academy is officially an Apple School.
Current responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain computer platforms and network servers, including backup systems. Provide network account support and maintenance of computer systems (laptops, desktops, iPads), interactive whiteboards, printers, phones, and projectors.
- Collaborate with the school's Director of Finance and Operations to organize, manage and oversee the school's technology budget, vendor selection, contract review, etc.
- Purchase, configure, install, and maintain new hardware, including network equipment, individual devices, VoIP phone system, and portions of the security system. In addition, the Director will manage upgrades and repair of existing systems.
- Maintain inventory of all hardware, software licensing, subscriptions, and warranties.
- Administer, manage, and maintain the G Suite environment, which includes Gmail, Groups, Drive, Sites, Vault, etc.
- Assess and respond in a timely way to student and faculty technical needs while balancing requests for classroom technology, office technology, and audio-visual systems throughout the school and in the theater.
- Support classroom instruction by facilitating learning through the integration of technology. Work with academic and other administrators to implement technology plans in and out of the classroom.
- Develop and deliver training for teachers and staff regarding technology use.
- Teach 1-2 sections of technology-related curriculum.
- Promote the ethical and responsible use of technology for all school users.
The preferred candidate will have:
- a college degree and a minimum 3-5 years working with tech in a school setting
- experience managing Apple products in a school or corporate setting
- experience working with Blackbaud (not required, but preferred)
- the ability to start work immediately or in the next few weeks
- patience and a good sense of humor
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three references to Kimberley Belfi (Human Resources Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Palm Beach Day Academy, established in 1921, is an independent, coeducational day school, serving 400 students from age 2 to Grade 9, on two campuses. The foundation of PBDA’s program is the education of our students in an academically challenging and compassion-rich environment that guides each child toward personal excellence of mind, body and character. As our school's mission states, all our students are challenged to excel, empowered to act, and prepared to lead.