MSU IT Field Services is responsible for supporting classroom technology and desktop support at the Broad College of Business, including usage questions and physical device troubleshooting. Field Services is also responsible for event A/V provisioning and support, including possible weekend work. This position will specifically be responsible for providing first and second tier support at the Broad College of Business main MSU campus footprint. This may include working with Broad College of Business stakeholders to design, purchase, configure, and distribute IT assets to meet business objectives. Field Services support requires, at times, commuting across campus, sometimes with significant IT assets. Some work may be completed outside of standard working hours, with advanced notice.
MSU Information Technology provides the primary leadership for strategic, financial, and policy initiatives affecting information technology (IT) across MSU. MSU IT offers technology resources that support MSU’s mission of providing education, conducting research, and advancing engagement.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related information technology field, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with asset management
• Experience with Crestron Control Systems, Crestron Fusion, Lecture Capture
• Experience with Cisco Webex and Webex Teams
• Experience providing A/V support for classrooms, conferences, and/or other large events
• Exceptional customer service values and skills, including ability to successfully resolve conflict constructively and to maintain positive relationship with executive sponsors for customer groups
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines
• Curiosity in new & emerging technologies, with a desire to implement for the betterment of campus and stakeholder experiences.
• Prior experience working with or managing student labor.
• Four-plus (4+) years of related work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed
• Ability to isolate, analyze, describe, and resolve complex issues
• Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills
• Windows 10 Certified
• Experience in Hospitality Business or related field
Required Application Materials
Resume, Cover Letter
Bidding eligibility ends 7/16 at 11:55 PM
Internal Number: 591360
About Michigan State University
Spartans work every day to advance the common good in uncommon ways.Together, we tackle some of the world?s toughest problems to find solutions that make life better?from alternative energy to better food safety to breakthrough medical and environmental applications achieved through rare isotope research.We teach. We explore and we discover. We collaborate and lead. We innovate, inspire, and empower. We achieve our potential and create circumstances that help our students and others achieve theirs.We're good at it, and we've been at it for more than 150 years.The nation?s pioneer land-grant university, MSU began as a bold experiment that democratized higher education and helped bring science and innovation into everyday life. The revolutionary concept became a model for the nation.Today, MSU is one of the top research universities in the world?on one of the biggest, greenest campuses in the nation. Home to nationally ranked and recognized academic, residential college, and service-learning programs, we?re a diverse community of dedicated students and scholars, athletes and artists, scientists and leaders.In ways both practical and profound, we work to create a stronger, more sustainable, and more hopeful future for all.