Located in San Francisco, the Sr. Systems Administrator will support and manage critical infrastructure and services across Wharton Computing’s Client Technology Services (CTS) team.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Act as primary Audio/Video Systems Administrator based in San Francisco. Train additional IT staff in AV systems operations and process. Ensure the installed technology leads to consistently successful technological outcomes for teaching and learning on the SF campus
* Liaise with Public Technology Systems teams based in Philadelphia to ensure parity of process and technology. Coordinate and run local AV infrastructure upgrades in conjunction with teams in Philadelphia.
* Deploy, administer, and maintain services and infrastructure shared within CTS, with a primary focus on the needs of Wharton San Francisco. Participate on and lead cross-functional teams to evaluate, establish, and deploy resources utilized across the Wharton School
* Act as Service Owner for at least one CTS service, and participate in various service roles for other identified CTS services.
* Advise on and implement new technology to provide improved support operations for identified business practices
* Act as tier 1 and tier 2 desktop support, as needed, to ensure successful client support outcomes for AV systems, desktop computing, and classroom technologies
* Represent CTS at events and projects locally and at large
To respond to campus support needs, early morning shifts, as well as weekend and evening shifts are required.
Internal Number: 46955
About University of Pennsylvania
Penn has a long and proud tradition of intellectual rigor and pursuit of innovative knowledge, begun by Benjamin Franklin in 1740. That tradition lives today through the creativity, entrepreneurship, and engagement of our faculty, students, and staff. Academic life at Penn is unparalleled, with an undergraduate student body of 10,000 from every U.S. state and around the world. The entering class of 2015 is the most talented and diverse in Penn's history. Consistently ranked among the top 10 universities in the country, Penn welcomes an additional 10,000 students to our top-ranked graduate and professional schools.