The lead Technician (Level 2) is responsible for setting up, installing, operating, testing, and
troubleshooting Audio/Video/Control and related equipment as well as manage/ supervise all field related operations. Also be responsible for mentoring/training UNIFIED Technicians working on their team.
· Attend the Installation Turnover meeting with the Project Manager, so that all related information, Schedules and documentation is understood.
· Verify all of the drawings, code, site pictures, and job description are complete and you have access to them.
· Assemble and test equipment racks per the rack build schedule.
· Ensure the equipment is programmed, configured and tested prior to onsite installation.
· Make certain all cables, connectors, hardware and tools needed to complete the project are available and collected.
· Maintain a clean an organized van with appropriate tools, ladders and safety equipment.
· Inventory and deliver all equipment to the job site.
· Complete walk through of the site with the PM and go over all details of the installation.
· Verify working times and access to the workspace.
· Install all AV equipment per UNIFIED documentation and standards.
· Perform minor DSP changes and load control code as necessary.
· Ensure that the job is completed to UNIFIED and industry standards for a safe and fully functional system.
· Update project progress in Team Gantt at the end of each day.
· Ensure that all equipment is connected per the drawings.
· If the drawings are incorrect for functionality, mark the necessary changes accordingly.
· Ensure that every wire has a label and it is marked according to the drawings.
· Ensure that the trash is disposed of and the site is cleaner than it was when you arrived.
· Perform and document System commissioning.
· Submit all changes to CAD for as-built drawings.
· Current Infocomm CTS certification
· Advanced IP networking knowledge
· Advanced AV system troubleshooting skills
· Setup and connection of VTC units (Cisco, Lifesize, Polycom, etc…)
· Setup and load code into Control Systems (Crestron, AMX, Extron, etc…)
· Setup and load code into DSP (BSS, Biamp, ClearOne, etc…)
· Terminate Fiber
· Install and configure Interactive displays (SMART, Planar, etc…)
· Wireless Microphone frequency coordination
· Video Wall setup and configuration
Occasional after hours and/or travel may be required.
About Unified Technology Systems
COMMERCIAL AV, NETWORK PHYSICAL LAYER, SECURITY AND MORE
LOW VOLTAGE TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS FOR ENTERPRISE AND EDUCATION
Unified Technology Systems brings a powerful combination of tech services to the market by both enabling a well-planned and efficient IT infrastructure and enabling greater engagement with leaders and learners by providing state-of-the-art integrated technology solutions.
Unified Technology Systems (Unified) provides design, engineering, installation, and maintenance services for low voltage technology systems to corporate, education, government and religious entities. One area of expertise is in corporate Boardroom AV, Presentation System and Training Room solutions, as well as Audio and Video Conferencing/Telepresence Rooms. Unified is experienced in engineering & creating Collaborative Meeting Spaces, Emergency Operations Center Displays, Council Chamber Rooms and dynamic Digital Signage messaging systems as well. Another area of specialization for Unified is in the interactive technology classroom market where Interactive Displays, Interactive Projectors, Distance Learning & Virtual Field Trip systems enhance the Digital Classroom experience! Other new tec...hnologies like audio enhancement and Lesson & Lecture Capture technologies create an even stronger sense of engagement and information retention for students. Interactive technology in the classroom has proven to increase test scores and student engagement!
Our Network, Security, and Infrastructure service capabilities will provide the speed, strength, and stability that your business requires and your customers demand.