This is a full-time role with Vanderbilt University Medical Center and offers a comprehensive benefits package, collaborative team based environment and an opportunity to be part of a world-class healthcare organization.
For immediate consideration, in addition to desktop support, your background/experience should include:
Video Conferencing support experience, to include hardware/software/andcloud solutions (e.g.Cisco CODECS, Webex, Zoom, Skype)
Knowledge of Audio and Video (AV), to include all mediapresented through software/ hardware models (Crestron, Extron, VADDIO, Slidedog).
Experience or exposure to AV cabling and infrastructures, â(HDMI,DVI, Lightning, Speakcon, Powercon, and Various category cabling).
Provide desktop support and other support functions in support of customers.
Perform various administrative duties including documentation, inventory, etc.
Assist customers and elevate issues when necessary.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE - (NOVICE):- Demonstrates fundamental competence in solving customer reported problems involving product availability. Able to use non-intuitive help desk tools to determine if problem is due to hardware, software or user knowledge.
PROCEDURES (NOVICE):- Has demonstrated a fundamental competence in solving customer reported problems involving hardware failures, application problems and/or connectivity related issues using help desk support tools including intuitive [CaseBase Reasoning] and non-intuitive [Library Reference System] knowledge base systems.
PROBLEM MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of Incident Tracking and Problem Reporting in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Writes problem reports that contain all of the necessary information for clear, non-antagonistic communication to those responsible for fixing problems. Can effectively explain how to reproduce and analyze errors, as well as identify the type of error including coding, design issue and hardware. Makes simple suggestions for correction.
Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
BACK TO TOP
For assistance reach out to Customer Service at email@example.com or 888.491.8833 x 1919.