The Director of Engineering role is responsible for leading the Engineer team and ensuring that Bexel ESS remains at the leading edge of technology in the media, broadcast and sport technology. Responsible for providing guidance to the Engineering staff as to the efficient design of systems and technology. Will work closely with premium clients directly to develop a detailed scope of work according to client expectations regarding system performance and budget.
The Director of Engineering must be a respected leader and innovator in media and network technology, approachable yet, confident and able to express complex ideas in influential and tangible ways. Be a committed leader willing to build a formidable team around you whose input you respect. Be a coach, a leader and champion when necessary. Serve as the technical point of contact for issue resolution during installation with onsite technicians and project team.
• Assess client requirements and provide economically feasible audio/video, sound, RF, infrastructure and broadcast systems design.
• Provide design, engineering, scope definition and drawings used for fabrication and installation of broadcast and commercial media, audio, video and control systems.
• Support the engineering, procurement, installation, subcontracting and coordination activities on large, key and/or complex systems, or service installation projects.
• Proactively manage critical project issues, risks and challenges, utilizing project management tools and business expertise to deliver projects with excellence.
• Serve as technical expert on pre-project job-site walkthroughs to identify project requirements and incorporate findings into project plan prior to start of installation.
• Provide input to the project plan by identifying the staffing and material resources required, key objectives and issues, schedule milestones, budgets, client contacts, job site safety requirements and important contractual items for each assigned project.
• Assess vendor and subcontractor products/services to determine ability to serve client needs and business objectives. Provide feedback on quality and pricing.
• Create test plans and direct testing on program control systems, computer controlled digital signal processors, routers or mixers.
• Provide technical support to project through to final adjustment and commissioning of installed systems.
• Consistently and professionally communicate with project team, vendors and clients to establish effective and productive working relationships.
• Maintain current project documentation including plans, specifications, budgets, job status reports, as-built drawings, change orders and project related correspondence.
• Work with administrative support staff to prepare all required documentation and reporting for project assessments with the project team.
• Improve standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
• 10+ years of experience leading engineering teams and projects.
• Bachelor degree required in Business, Technology or Engineering not required, but preferred. Suitable field and hands on engineering experience may be substituted for some educational requirements.
• Understanding and experience in the implementation processes for technology projects implementation or product implementation.
• Ability to interpret engineering schematics and customer requirements and to communicate design intent to employees and other team members.
• Sound understanding and experience in delivering professional services operations in a client setting.
• Experience in leading from start to finish at least 2 mid-size (1 Million plus) projects in one of the following areas:
professional services, consulting, system integration, and product deployment.
• Ability to understand job financial reports, and the ability to control costs in the management of projects.
• Travel is required 40%-50% of the time.
• Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills; ability to present and communicate complex information to various levels within the organization.
• Negotiation skills and prior customer interaction are a must.
• Ability to communicate persuasively and tactfully with all levels of management, co-workers, and customers.
? Ability to lead presentations and discussions with various management levels within the organization.
• Ability to effectively lead and manage people.
• Leadership and strategic thinking skills; strong analytical skills.
• Confident in making decisions and consistent ability to seek out appropriate input and buy-in.
• Strong understanding of consultative methods, models, approaches.
• Highly skilled in Microsoft productivity tools such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Project.
• Must maintain a comprehensive knowledge of media technology, broadcast video, audio and other related systems to develop technical solutions and conceptual engineered design specifications that meet customer requirements.
• Ability to recognize, adhere to deadlines and milestones, ability to anticipate possible issues and problems in and propose viable solutions to such.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
Project Management Certification (PMP) not required, but preferred
About NEP Group Bexel
For over 30 years, NEP Group, Inc. has been the leading production partner supporting premier content producers across the broadcast and live events industries—and around the globe. NEP provides the technology and know-how to support the most prestigious sports, entertainment, music, and corporate events worldwide. The company's technical services include remote production, studio production, audio visual solutions, host broadcast services, premium playout, post-production, and innovative software-based media management solutions. NEP’s 3,000+ employees are driven by a passion for superior service and a focus on technical innovation. Together, they have supported productions in over 85 countries on all seven continents. NEP is headquartered in the United States and has offices in 22 countries
BACK TO TOP
For assistance reach out to Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.491.8833 x 1919.